Search the forum,

Discuss 31 year At college doing Level 1 Keen to work/ looking for work (Northamptonshire) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenb-Npton

Gas Engineer
So I think im in the same boat or about to be as a lot of people. Im keen on a career change and being really handy, hard working and keen im going down the plumbing route. Ive done a lot of the work before (DIY level) hence why im keen on Plumbing. As a result im doing Level 1 at college int he evenings alongside my current day job (office based) then ill be doing Level 2 next year. Im currently the furthest ahead in the class and getting merits and near distinctions with all work.

In an ideal world id love to work with someone free of charge evenings, weekends just to get experience for the Level 2 NVQ sections as well as future involvement.

Any one got A. any advice as to how best to approach people or B. any one got any work (unpaid) evenings and weekends around the Northamptonshire area.

Im trying to be as flexible as possible and looking to use my holiday allocation, and anything I can to get qualified / experienced. I drive (clean license) and have my own transport.

Steven

Re: 31 year At college doing Level 1 Keen to work/ looking for work (Northamptonshire

Visit here every day, as you'll learn loads about plumbing and how to be really good at sarcasm.

Re: 31 year At college doing Level 1 Keen to work/ looking for work (Northamptonshire

Speak to the college tutors to see if they know of any firms who may let you help out. My college do this every now anf again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 31 year At college doing Level 1 Keen to work/ looking for work (Northamptonshire) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock