Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss 3/4 shower mixer to 22mm tap conn problems in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. AdTee

AdTee New Member

An old thermostatic mixer I want to reuse has 3/4 bsp inlets, with inserted non return valves. All the 3/4 to 22mm tap connectors I look at seem to have a protruding section to fit inside the 3/4, but the nrv which is of equal diameter to the protruding section, means they just sit against each other. Originally the mixer had 15mm reducing elbows on the inlets, and the 3/4 part of the elbow sat flush to the diameter of the mixer thread (albeit with a fibre washer sandwiched inbetween).

Will the tap connectors I have mentioned create a watertight seal, or is there a 3/4 to 22mm tap connector available (elbow if poss) thst would sit flush?

Many thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Cut the upstand off

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AdTee

AdTee New Member

Thanks Shaun. I'll use the Speedfit connectors then, as much easier to cut the plastic than brass.

4. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Show us pics of what you intend to use as I think what your proposing is not right

5. AdTee

AdTee New Member

Pics attached of mixer, original elbow, and tap connector.

Thanks.

15498105182197321313157287135103.jpg

15498105695338405973207899231247.jpg

6. Riley

I’d use a female iron we’re it me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AdTee

AdTee New Member

8. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AdTee

AdTee New Member

Thanks Riley. Much appreciated.

10. CBW1982

CBW1982 Member

Is that not a 3/4” connector I see in the pic? Could you not just get some new washers for it?

11. AdTee

AdTee New Member

Yes it is 3/4 but to 15mm and as I'm refitting it, I thought it best to carry a 22m feed rather than reducing down. Have I got that right? Thanks.

12. AdTee

AdTee New Member

×22mm not 22m!

13. CBW1982

CBW1982 Member

It all depends on your feeds. If your using mains then 15mm is fine, but if using gravity then yes 22mm.

14. AdTee

AdTee New Member

Thanks, it's mains. Maybe I'll just stick with the existing elbows then. The outlet and overhead arm & rose are 3/4 - would the 15mm feed be enough for that?

15. Riley

Yep

• Agree Agree x 1