Discuss 20mm sink waste outlet conversion and either 1" or 20mm chrome cap nut supplier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigskelly

I have a couple of issues that I would like some help with please.
The first one is with converting a chrome 20mm (may possibly be 21mm) sink waste outlet pipe to either 32mm or 40mm for connection into a 110mm soil stack. Can someone please point me in the right direction of a supplier who is able to provide a suitable adapter (black).
The other is with sourcing either a 1" (preferred) or 20mm chrome cap nut for a bath/shower tap. I have removed the shower attachment and could only quickly obtain a 20mm brass cap nut which I would like to replace with a chrome unit but ideally I would like to remove the shower cradle (which feeds the shower outlet) and to do this I would need a 1" chrome cap nut - again, is anyone able to point me in the direction of a supplier for this?

mcalpine-reducers-p2571-4450_medium.jpgLike this...

Last edited:
Apologies for posting again but I didn't get any replies last week! My local plumbers recommended McAlpine but when I contacted them they said they couldn't help. I understood from the plumbers that this is a common issue (European size he told me) so I assumed that there must presumably be adapters out there somewhere. I didn't get anywhere with a regular internet search

Thanks Pub Member - will do this next time. I have been looking again on the net and am drawing a blank. Not looking good so I think I may need to replace the trap with a conventionally sized pipe outlet which is a real pain - unless that is someone comes up with supplier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 20mm sink waste outlet conversion and either 1" or 20mm chrome cap nut supplier in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock