Discuss 2 cold rads rest ok air lock?????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaybob

hi all new to this site so first off hello to all. as this is only my second post i feel abit checky for asking for help so soon on but as i work in the tdrade and havent came across this site sooner you will see me around helping were i can :) im looking for a bit of advise on a problem that has arisen after i replaced a leaking pipe on a ch system. the system has 11 radiators in total boiler is a worchester bosh junior non greenstar, downstairs is fed mostly from drops far as i can see although there are around 3 rads i cannot see pipework for as it is in the walls and all rads have trv's apart from 1.
problem being 2 radiators are cold im thinking 2 things.
1) stuck tr or lockshield (but to be fair since taking off the head to check the pins movment seems fine so less likely this).
2)air lock more towards this as i did have to drain down but sure i have bleed out all air.
note. wen i undo a compression nut or the valves it does pull hot water through although not straight away yet this doest then flow thru rad.
any help much apreciated ive tried all i know and am surre im on the issue just want to collect afew toughts first thanks again :)

One or two suggestions, in case you've not thought:

Have you checked for bleed valves in the pipework?
Presumably pump is bled and working?
Have you turned pump up?
Does water flow through with trv head removed?
If you empty rad and remove it, does water come out of trv and lockshield?

You've probably tried all these though!

hi cheers for quick reply. i have checked for blled valvs and used ones i found. pump is bleed and working fine. pump is set to max aready. does not make difrence with the trv head removed and pin was freely moving. to be hounest i didnt go as far as take rad off but this will be the first job in the morning to finaly rule out the valvs.
forgot to mention 1 rad i never touched the valves at all to isolate it as didnt even know it was in the system untill after work done so this one is defo thinking air lock other rad i did isolate though another thing is no other valves stuck or jammed so i defo think air but i cant shift it if it is. never had one like it befoer :( i can normaly get them the thrase in the deep end came to mind lol

Turn off all other rads to force airlocks through

Open rad valves in to a bucket or rubble sack

use an air compressor attached to the rad valves to clear pipe work

cheers for reply only got back from work today to read this. i have sorted now thank you funny enuff i had my wet dry vac and blower as was going to force it through then fort back to when i was working for sumone who had this issue and did what you first suggested and sure as, that did it. infact second job today i had to clear a lock in a single rad after a flush so its a good one to remember :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 cold rads rest ok air lock?????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock