Search the forum,

Discuss 2'' cable operated syphons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Had a hell of a time trying to find one of these for a vanity cistern today.
There's a Skylo one, a Flomasta, a Macdee but they're all made for cc toilets and have the wrong thread for the coupling nut that compresses the rubber seal onto the flush pipe. I found 5 of those nuts in my box o' bits and none of them fitted but they all fitted the old broken syphon so the thread must be different :'(
Ended up fitting a new concealed cistern when really all that was needed was a 2'' syphon. Turned a 1hr job into 3 hours including 20 miles of trecking to different merchants.
Wouldn't be a problem if they made 1 1/2'' flush pipes with a sharp enough 90deg bend on them to work on vanity w.c.'s, then could just bung a Fluidmaster in and change the flush pipe and use the 2'' Fluidmaster adapter.

Rant over - reason for post...

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells a proper 2'' syphon with cable/button and have actually fitted it themselves onto a 2'' flush pipe so knows that it's not a mental thread size?
If so, where and what brand.
TYVM :)

Problem with that is who wants to wait for an online delivery to fix their loo when a new cistern with new fill valve and flush valve is in stock at poofix for <£30, also there's no telling if the thread will take the compression nut thing as I found out today.
yeah fair comment

I asked for one of those and when they brought it out the bend was swept a good couple of inches, not like the photo at all.
They have a 2'' to 1.5'' with a really tight bend but not the 1.5 I saw today.
This what you after, had a similar problem with a very low level cistern
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fluidm...-8/67559#product_additional_details_container

This what you after, had a similar problem with a very low level cistern
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fluidm...-8/67559#product_additional_details_container

Yeah, that's what I asked for, I suppose it's possible they brought out an old stock one or the wrong one, but the one they showed me had a big sweep on it.
Next time I'm in there I'll ask for another look armed with the picture in the brochure.
Cheers guys.
Although it would be even easier (cheaper = more profitable) if there was a 2'' syphon that has the right thread to go onto the flush pipe in situ ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2'' cable operated syphons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock