Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 2,500 Litre Water Tank. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I have a 2,500 litre water tank that I am about to install. Filled from a nearby stream, or it will be.

My question is this.

The water supply is from the stream, a submersible pump in a concrete chamber, this feeds into my plant room in 22mm copper, there is an expansion vessel, pressure gauge and a pressure switch to activate the submersible pump.

I had planned to simply use a 3/4" ball valve to fill the tank. Then the feed from the tank comes through a three stage filter and a bacterial filter before a booster pump the house.

What I would rather do is get the big tank to refill once it's a third down, to stop the submersible pump from cycling.

So does anybody know of a decent electric float switch that can be set to run the pump at 2/3rds and switch off when full?

Cheers.

Won't you have to seek permission to draw from a watercourse?

Delayed action float valve? Or two floats like u have in a pumping station? (Usually 3)

One that hangs half way down tank and one at 100below overflow.

When highest one breaks pump is off when lowest one makes pump is on!

22mm supplying 2500l bit small?

The submersible, chamber and feed into the property are existing. All permissions in place.

Delayed action float valve? Or two floats like u have in a pumping station? (Usually 3)

One that hangs half way down tank and one at 100below overflow.

When highest one breaks pump is off when lowest one makes pump is on!

22mm supplying 2500l bit small?

I wont be running new alkathene from the stream to the house. The cust is being over cautious on the volume of stored water. Bit stupid when he's not even installing a generator.

I'll have a look at delayed action ball valves.

You can get the N/O and N/C floats from machine mart. Wire them in series on the live to pump.

Hi simon there are things called submatic which work with 2 probes that can be submersed . The bottom one kicks the pump on and can be set at any level and the higher prob switches the pump off. It saves using float switches and gives you a difference like what u want.

Hehe . Not used anythin like it but might be an option,, but not loads of choice for what your lookin for ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2,500 Litre Water Tank. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock