Discuss 18mm cement board for bathroom flooring? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Third time I'll be doing this floor...first time was weatherproof TnG, 2nd was marine ply both of which were varnished and blew up because of a combination of flooding and careless use. Hardibacker is easy to get from sheds but only in 12 & 6mm which I could overlay. Any other recommendations?

Marmox board ?

If customers are as daft as they sound- treat it like a wet room.
18mm wbp then 10mm wedi/marmox/etc and tape all the joints.
Or 18mm ply and then membrane it with Impey waterguard.

I'll look into it, can it be installed directly onto joists?

Don’t have a clue but you can make a seat out of it so has to be self supporting and able to span you may have to installing noggins every 450mm

Reply to 18mm cement board for bathroom flooring? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I am building a wetroom from scratch, i am a very experienced plumber and bathroom fitter but amazingly have never been asked to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
I'm in the middle of refurbing my bathroom, I have removed all the plasterboard, back to the stud work and also lifted up all the chipboard...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I’m looking to install a new bathroom for the first time and want to make sure I do everything by the book. One area that I’m not getting...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im fitting a new bathroom and am after some advice. As you can see in the pictures the current floor is a mixture of 18mm chipboard and OSB...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock