Search the forum,

Discuss 15mm gas pipe convert to 22mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kitch

Hi
I have to replace my glowworm compact 100e that has a 15mm gas connector. Every boiler now seems to be 22mm.

I understand that I may need to replace the existing pipe back to the meter to convert to 22mm which sounds very expensive and difficult

Is it possible to use a 15mm to 22mm coupler at the boiler input or is there a pressure issue?

Alternatively does anyone know if 15mm condensing combi boilers are still produced by any company?

Cheers

Alan

I think most boilers still have 15mm connections. It's the pipe work leading to it that may have to be upgraded.

This can't be a serious question. Get a gas safe engineer in.

The qualified, competent and Registered gas Installer will sort out the connections when he /she installs and commissions the boiler.
They will also determine whether the gas supply needs to be upgraded from 15 to 22mm.

Hi I have to replace my glowworm compact 100e that has a 15mm gas connector. Every boiler now seems to be 22mm.
I understand that I may need to replace the existing pipe back to the meter to convert to 22mm which sounds very expensive and difficult
Is it possible to use a 15mm to 22mm coupler at the boiler input or is there a pressure issue?
Alternatively does anyone know if 15mm condensing combi boilers are still produced by any company? Alan
I hope that you are not planning this yourself??
let the engineer that will do the job advise as to what is required.
what makes you think that 22mm is enough??

This is the best advice you will ever get on this site, stay away from gas and leave it to the experts please.

_61180313_61180312.jpg

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm gas pipe convert to 22mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock