Search the forum,

Discuss 15 ri in kitchen cabinet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

On worcesters own website it states a 15ri can be installed in a kitchen cupboard, do they class this as an unventilated compartment?

I would just normally remove the top and bottom of a standard kitchen cupboard to get the clearences, why do worcester have to be so difficult? Their MIs arnt very clear on this subject

I have a customer who is the worrying kind, sticking his nose in and getting all nervous before ive even started the job

Why do you have to ventilate the compartment?

Due to the size of access required to service the boiler. It would require the cupboard not to have a top or bottem in the cupboard

Thats what i thought

Basically the custard is now saying he wants to change to a glow worm boiler so he doesnt have to cut vents into his kitchen cupboard.

I told him the top and bottom will have to be removed for the glowworm boiler as well to get the required clearences

Walk away from job

Sounds like a tool that is going to moan that a 15mm clip is 2mm to far to the left

Walk away from job

Sounds like a tool that is going to moan that a 15mm clip is 2mm to far to the left

I know, this guy is getting worse and worse, he dosent want the top and bottom of the cupboard removed as it will 'circulate the dust' and is 'harder to decorate round'

He also keeps going on about the 5 year warranty being invalidated if I 'do something wrong when installing it'

driving me round the bend, i dont want to let the job gos as its a nice little job and hes a friend of a friend

Sounds a right pickle! You had a sit down meeting yet where he's taking minuets? Do what he asks just charge accordingly. We did job for a tech chap, system to valiant 838. Spent 5 days on a two day job. He measured temp through room, complained that one corner was 2.5c cooler than rest (bay window). Installed another rad..... 6x4x3m had I think 4 rads all DD must have been about nearly 8kw!

Worcester****e to glow worm ? Not sure if that's an upgrade? Stick in a neta tec and then change your number?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15 ri in kitchen cabinet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock