Discuss 1 inch bathroom mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I hope you are doing well.
I have two copper pipes one 15mm and the hot water is 22mm.
My mixer tap has 2x 25mm (1 inch) female.

How to connect this up?
I cannot find any flexible connectors above 22mm. I also cannot find any reducers from 25 to 22mm.
What can I do?

Is this a modern tap or antique?
It would be unusual for a modern (up to 75yrs old or so) tap to be 1" female, they're normally 3/4" male.
3/4" thread measures approx 1" across the outer diameter.

Does the tap look like this where the brass connections are?

Bath tap.PNG

Your tap is standard don’t worry, as snowhead says 3/4” tap tails actually measure 1” across the threads! (Don’t ask)

Easiest thing would be a 3/4” to 22mm push fit flexi for the hot and a 3/4” to 15mm push fit flexi for the cold.

John Guest Speedfit versions of these are available everywhere!

Is this a modern tap or antique?
It would be unusual for a modern (up to 75yrs old or so) tap to be 1" female, they're normally 3/4" male.
3/4" thread measures approx 1" across the outer diameter.

Does the tap look like this where the brass connections are?

View attachment 76932
Yes, I got it wrong it's 1" male.
It's 25mm outside diameter and about 19-20mm inside diameter.

Ok so the correct designation for this one is 3/4".
Thank you everyone!

Reply to 1 inch bathroom mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock