Discuss zoned system, pressure drops when cold (but goes back to normal when i manually open valve) in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi @scott_d @Riley just following up this thread again... So do you think the expansion vessel in the combi itself has died, or does the system now need a second EV because I've turned it into a zoned system? I'll have a look and see if there's any pressure in the internal expansion vessel if you think that's a good idea.

Will have time to fix that PRV today too!

Thanks
P

If system volume has increased then a larger expansion vessel must be calculated for and installed to accommodate the larger volume. If an expansion vessel is too small, lost some charge, lost all charge or charged too much then you should expect PRV discharge and as said above this dripping on any electrics can cause problems.

Reply to zoned system, pressure drops when cold (but goes back to normal when i manually open valve) in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi. This UFH system is in my mil's bungalow purchased earlier this year. It has 9 zones, is run from a WB 37CDi combi, and uses Wavin actuators...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
So I have a combi boiler with a hive hooked up to it and from what I can tell its a Y plan(I think) with 1 zone. So I crank up the heat on the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock