Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Zombie Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a little chuckle to myself whilst reading the worcester installers choice rag about zombie boilers that never seem to die ,
In other words they were made better years ago than the carp the sell now.

Ye can't c most of the boilers coming out now lasting 20 years plus somehow.

I'm just starting to get some boiler replacements for some of the jobs I did 15 - 20 years ago.

Went out to look at one yesterday - and we're in the middle of summer 35 C temperatures - and the customer wants it replaced before winter.

I may have service it once every time something goes wrong, but it still has the original pump in it, may have replaced expansion tank once and not much else.

Can't see that happening with the new boiler to be installed

Herin doors saw this post and thought you had spelt combi boiler wrong lol ( shakes his head lol)

I read about zombie boilers in the gas safe rag.
If anyone outside of the trade read it, they'd go mad. The powers that be are actively encouraging us to replace perfectly good boilers, because they're not band a!
Utter madness. But good for business.

Old boilers are the best. New boilers won't last two minutes. These ten year warranties could be fun.

Mate of mine had his Ideal logic boiler repaired just before xmas they tried the usual bluff of not honouring warranty . However the repaired it after him paying them to .The engineer was talking about the boilers and long warranties and reckons Ideal would lose money hand over fist if the honour warranties

I read about zombie boilers in the gas safe rag.
If anyone outside of the trade read it, they'd go mad. The powers that be are actively encouraging us to replace perfectly good boilers, because they're not band a!
Utter madness. But good for business.

Reason adapts to easily to our desires, ( Ancient Philosophy). Is true today of vested interest, who will genuine believe statistic that favour their case and ignore evidence of observation and experience, (empirical) which tells a different story.
Expect to be denigrated with claims of a faulty install and that you are lacking in skill.

Reason adapts to easily to our desires, ( Ancient Philosophy). Is true today of vested interest, who will genuine believe statistic that favour their case and ignore evidence of observation and experience, (empirical) which tells a different story.
Expect to be denigrated with claims of a faulty install and that you are lacking in skill.

**** me Joni, you been reading them books again? Very eloquent.

It comes from Scepticism Leo. The best tool in the box for fault finding. When you think you know what the problem is, look for evidence to prove yourself wrong. Too many people make up their mind, then disregard anything failing to support that initial conclusion.

It comes from Scepticism Leo. The best tool in the box for fault finding. When you think you know what the problem is, look for evidence to prove yourself wrong. Too many people make up their mind, then disregard anything failing to support that initial conclusion.

Or kick **** out of the boiler like Leo does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zombie Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock