Discuss Your views on tattoos and wether they affect your workload. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As redsaw said all depends on what it is.

Years ago a boss told me not on show and you will be fine but I think times have changed. I do think though if you have your head and face done people will think differently.

i dont have any, but if your offering i would have a sleeve done and some :)

however, its down to taste and what they are. for example, you would loose many jobs with a swasticker? on your forhead or diy hot needle work dipped in the school ink, wouldnt you?

i would also like to read this one evening, cover to cover. :yes:
View attachment 27274

google Notonix ;)

There's bound to be a small risk of losing some. Specially to the old folks. But hey ho, if you want them, have them.
I've got two half sleeves and a full back, I'd love more but swmbo has forbade it.

I can't see the attraction of a mass of ink covering your arms. Usually just looks like blue arms from a short distance.
I bet a lot of tattooed people enjoy the attention tattoos have, but just because people are interested, doesn't mean they like them.
A bit of art work that you can hang on a wall or have the option to sell someday seems a better idea to me. :smile:

I can't see the attraction of a mass of ink covering your arms. Usually just looks like blue arms from a short distance.
I bet a lot of tattooed people enjoy the attention tattoos have, but just because people are interested, doesn't mean they like them.
A bit of art work that you can hang on a wall or have the option to sell someday seems a better idea to me. :smile:

you can skin your dead cat cant you?lol

personally I see tats as something that can look good when they are new, just look awful 20 years down the line when they bleed and you sag. what ever folks say, they arent as acceptable as some hope, they can lose you work as the minority of those with tats, ruin it for lads who are hard working and honest etc etc by the minority being asses, but it is them the world remembers normally.

I was brought up with "no tattoos below the elbow" ethos. Not so much of a big deal nowadays but bearing in mind if most of ones client base is of the older generation, old rules still apply.

I have a few but non in view when dressed
But ones on neck I'd deffo say are off putting to most people

A lad I know has a large clock tatooed on his back .

I asked him why the clock he said to symbolise the time he was born.

8 said but it has no hands .

His answer .... couldn't afford them !

A lad I know has a large clock tatooed on his back .

I asked him why the clock he said to symbolise the time he was born.

8 said but it has no hands

His answer .... couldn't afford them !

I thought you were going to say he ran out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your views on tattoos and wether they affect your workload. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock