Discuss Your views on tattoos and wether they affect your workload. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wink: a gentleman never tells

To some customers a large amount of highly visible tattoos will lead them to make assumptions about you where before they might not have. I have found myself looking at really naff sleeves on some people and reflexively presuming they are a bit thick othewise they wouldn't have done it. Same for loads of weird piercings. If you have the ability to defuse such prejudiced thinkings by coming across charming, polite, knowledgable, helpful and the like, I doubt it'll matter often. If you happen to struggle with those things it would seem to me a bit like shooting yourself in the foot.

I love tattoos, some of the skill in the art work is fantastic.
I don't have any, so cannot comment on the success of winning jobs etc.
Lots of my friends have sleeves/ covered in them and they are probably some of the softest and nicest people around.
Where it becomes a problem I think is Old Mrs Jones, (octagenerian) who has grown up thinking tats are thuggish.

If I employed anyone, I certainly would not let the fact that they have tattoos be the deciding factor in employment.

Any old tom Dick n Harry has tattoos these days to the point its odd not to have them .

I don't have any but seem to be plastered in scars which oddly attract a lot of interest.

i dont have any, but if your offering i would have a sleeve done and some :)

however, its down to taste and what they are. for example, you would loose many jobs with a swasticker? on your forhead or diy hot needle work dipped in the school ink, wouldnt you?

i would also like to read this one evening, cover to cover. :yes:
14199678_10154587550360513_423318847628551149_n.jpg

Ive got 2 full sleeves and never had any problems with regards to losing out on work!

My mate calls tattoos barcodes for Chavs.......Hes a fat duck so my reply is lose some weight your fat rolls offend me!!

Swings and roundabouts, if everyone liked the same things in life well wouldn't life be Boring??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your views on tattoos and wether they affect your workload. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock