Discuss Your view on Plumbers' Merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benchmark213

We are a supplier of trade counter software to plumbers' merchants and would be interested to hear from any members about what makes your life easier when you go into a plumbers' merchant or what drives you nuts! What should they be doing or not doing that as a plumber would make a real difference to how you work? Thanks! Simon

dealing with Williams,proper professional,caring merchants who look after there customers,they are the benchmark that all merchants should aspire too,but cant[/Q

That's all well and good on mainland went to order a 210 litre unvented cylinder from Williams was quoted £180 delivery ordered same cylinder elsewhere £20 cheaper and free delivery potential saving of £200.
Keep the merchants on their toes otherwise they,you or both will become complascent..brum

dealing with Williams,proper professional,caring merchants who look after there customers,they are the benchmark that all merchants should aspire too,but cant[/Q

That's all well and good on mainland went to order a 210 litre unvented cylinder from Williams was quoted £180 delivery ordered same cylinder elsewhere £20 cheaper and free delivery potential saving of £200.
Keep the merchants on their toes otherwise they,you or both will become complascent..brum

Aye, sorry Brum. Our carrier doesn't do the scottish islands, and subs it to someone else, so the charges rocket up.

To be honest, much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we are the right merchant for anyone off the UK mainland - or indeed in the highlands.

Strangly however, we seem to have a lot of business on the falklands. Im not sure why, unless its a Portsmouth/navy thing.

I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who took the time to post responses to my thread. We will be using the information to pass on to plumbers' merchants along. We will also look at developing some elements of our software to fit in with your comments, particularly the idea of a product look-up option as suggestion by "bright spark". The key piece of feedback certainly seems to be the quality of staff. I will post a link to the summary when we have uploaded it. Thanks again and enjoy the Bank Holiday. Simon

Seems to a trend for us , get a price put quote in get job go back to merchants and price has gone up some times massively this week I've lost a job at a school because of it and subsequently will have to pay a fine

hey ho it's a bank holiday

Do merchant's tend to hold prices for a period of time? Seems a bit harsh that you were quoted and then the price jumped up, though I guess some prices fluctuate a lot such as copper?? I'll include this point in my summary. What is a normal or reasonable period of time you would expect prices to be held? Do other trades get prices held?

Do merchant's tend to hold prices for a period of time? Seems a bit harsh that you were quoted and then the price jumped up, though I guess some prices fluctuate a lot such as copper?? I'll include this point in my summary. What is a normal or reasonable period of time you would expect prices to be held? Do other trades get prices held?

Depends on the product. We publish a book which is good for 4 months, but we can't put copper tube in there, because you can't fix the price of copper for any longer than you either have physical stock, or a futures contract. And anyone taking a futures contract for 4 months worth of copper tube is a professional gambler, not a merchant.

I think Bod is having a little dig at me here, since I quoted him something via an exchange of texts with only half the story... :)

Seems to a trend for us , get a price put quote in get job go back to merchants and price has gone up some times massively this week I've lost a job at a school because of it and subsequently will have to pay a fine

hey ho it's a bank holiday

I thought most places gave a price for 30 days? after that it could change.

I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who took the time to post responses to my thread. We will be using the information to pass on to plumbers' merchants along. We will also look at developing some elements of our software to fit in with your comments, particularly the idea of a product look-up option as suggestion by "bright spark". The key piece of feedback certainly seems to be the quality of staff. I will post a link to the summary when we have uploaded it. Thanks again and enjoy the Bank Holiday. Simon

Don't forget to remember me in your will!!!!

Depends on the product. We publish a book which is good for 4 months, but we can't put copper tube in there, because you can't fix the price of copper for any longer than you either have physical stock, or a futures contract. And anyone taking a futures contract for 4 months worth of copper tube is a professional gambler, not a merchant.

I think Bod is having a little dig at me here, since I quoted him something via an exchange of texts with only half the story... :)

2 thins 1 I thought you knew me better

2 if you only had half the story surely that's what you would of passed to Martin and both your prices would of been same ?

X

9k=

Can we help you?
baboon.jpg

Regarding validity, a few years ago I was quoted some inconel 625 material. The quote was valid for 1 day only and delivery was quoted at 26 weeks. OK it wasn't plumbing related but an example of when demand outstrips supply then often all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your view on Plumbers' Merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back