Discuss Your view on Plumbers' Merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benchmark213

We are a supplier of trade counter software to plumbers' merchants and would be interested to hear from any members about what makes your life easier when you go into a plumbers' merchant or what drives you nuts! What should they be doing or not doing that as a plumber would make a real difference to how you work? Thanks! Simon

Software systems dont make good merchants. Good people do.

You can have the flashest system in the world, but if its operated by donuts youll get cack out of it.

Service and price are my big 2. Look no further than Williams :)

Software systems dont make good merchants. Good people do.

You can have the flashest system in the world, but if its operated by donuts youll get cack out of it.

Service and price are my big 2. Look no further than Williams :)

As Simon says......no not THAT Simon says........the one above.

What about access to their stock list while your in the queue. It'll crack you up waiting 20 mins to find out the part ye require is not in stock. Like in Argos where you put in a part number, and they tell you about availability.
i know people will say ring 'em but sometimes ye can't get them on phone!!!

Screwfix website allows you to. But it's about 2 hours behind . Some busy merchants.... Longest I've waited ever is 10 mins? For spares you shouldn't be using a merchant..... Use hot on heating spares and have them delivered super quick to the job

Just this.

highwayman2.jpg

We are a supplier of trade counter software to plumbers' merchants and would be interested to hear from any members about what makes your life easier when you go into a plumbers' merchant or what drives you nuts! What should they be doing or not doing that as a plumber would make a real difference to how you work? Thanks! Simon
dealing with Williams,proper professional,caring merchants who look after there customers,they are the benchmark that all merchants should aspire too,but cant

local merchant by me still uses paper trail. It dont really matter as they provide good customer service and the guys behind the desk know there stuff.

Software is the concern of the merchant tbh, i dont really care unless it means the demise of decent guys serving you.

Pie Friday and knowledgable staff, I hate reading out a list then having to check the bag because the guy either gets confused or doesn't want to ask what I mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your view on Plumbers' Merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock