Discuss Your thoughts on this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went out to a Worcester G/star 12i system boiler today, not working! power up to board, nothing working , blown PCB, on closer inspection only has P/Live ,N E, No S/L link has been left in were S/L would go, all other controls are standerd ,Programer / Room & Cyl stats 2 x 2port valves, (magaflow) New build house (5 years) customer just bought it ! From what I can make out this boiler must have been running 24 - 7 and just opperating on boiler stat , only way to turn it off was with on/off switch or at fused spur all wireing is in walls, Customer has had lots of problems with this house, is now getting a sparks in to sort out wireing , just wondering what else he may find, & how meny more propertys are wired the same way ?? New estate on Dartmoor,

doesnt surprise me at all , any new build these days are a nothing more thana smash and grab .
Wimpeys,barretts,persimmon and co get away with producing utter junk cant see how these so called site agents get all these awards

Yep 24/7 if wired like that!......also only around the ABV when stats timer off etc, shocking, heat ex and pump won't be in good condition maybe inform them of that too.....12 kw must be a small house, the smallest megaflow coil can suck more than 12 kw too!

Hello Mate ! this is the site opp Dartmoor Nick at Princetown, cust says it was a local Plymouth Co that built them, can't open front door its swollen and split says its about a grand to have it put right. just woundering what the sparks will find ??

Sounds like someone forgot to read the instructions before all the cables were put in and the walls closed up, its probably only 12kw cos of its supposed high insulated qualites Vern

Hi vern, belive it or not this is a 3 story town house didn't take a lot of notice of M/Flow but it look'd quite big, i've got to go back when sparks has been and take more information on system as it for his insurance, so will be doing full checks, gas rate etc.

Sounds like someone forgot to read the instructions before all the cables were put in and the walls closed up, its probably only 12kw cos of its supposed high insulated qualites Vern

Yep I agree pal, but if anything like the wimpey one I worked in, it had no roof insulation on lower floors where it protruded to a pitched roof!!, also I did a TT along with the work i was doing at the property....looking around meter box as you do whilst i had the gauge on, they had smashed out the back of the meter box, so not sealed to cavity! As if not bad enough there was no insulation, they had forgot to blow it in, when the custard followed this up.....how the frig do they get signed off?

Hi vern, belive it or not this is a 3 story town house didn't take a lot of notice of M/Flow but it look'd quite big, i've got to go back when sparks has been and take more information on system as it for his insurance, so will be doing full checks, gas rate etc.
Lol pal the smallest megaflo is a 70i and its coil is rated at 15 kw for recovery! Obviously it will heat up but when rads are on also it's gonna struggle! Check for inhibitor too etc!

Yep I agree pal, but if anything like the wimpey one I worked in, it had no roof insulation on lower floors where it protruded to a pitched roof!!, also I did a TT along with the work i was doing at the property....looking around meter box as you do whilst i had the gauge on, they had smashed out the back of the meter box, so not sealed to cavity! As if not bad enough there was no insulation, they had forgot to blow it in, when the custard followed this up.....how the frig do they get signed off?

how do they get signed off you ask.

well from some sites ive been on its signed off down the pub while the site agent takes the nhbc inspector for a beer. Ive also seen a water board inspector take a brown envelope to pass off some bad work.

if i ever brought a new build id do daily inspections with a video cam.

No sambotc ! when timer go's off boiler is still live, needs P/Live for pump over run / frost stat etc, Boiler runs all the time due to link on PCB.

Haha, both would be equally rough, just can't see how anyone could have wired it like that and thought it was o.k?

Customer not to happy , he's got to pay out for a sparks ! then I go back and try to get boiler working, just woundering what else comes to light, when sparks runs a test, and I go through gas checks.

how do they get signed off you ask.

well from some sites ive been on its signed off down the pub while the site agent takes the nhbc inspector for a beer. Ive also seen a water board inspector take a brown envelope to pass off some bad work.

if i ever brought a new build id do daily inspections with a video cam.
nhbc is a joke we did 16 houses he popped in twice in that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your thoughts on this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock