Discuss You never know what life is going to throw at you! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the advice and support here. Never thought I would find that on a trade forum lol.

The wife came over tonight and I actually listened for once, didn't fly off the handle etc. She said it was scary as I wasn't the same person lol.

She is going to move in on Thursday night but insists on separate bedrooms grrr.

Hopefully if I stop being a ***** we can sort things out.

Thanks a lot for all of your support and help.

Really glad to hear that mate. Not that surprising getting support on a trade forum if you think about it, we're all in pretty much the same boat, can't be open about our feelings on site for fear of getting the p*** ripped out of us. With a bit of anonymity that the forum gives it's easier to open up.

Hope all continues to work out for you. If your separate bedrooms are next door to each other, turn the volume down when watching late-night p**n... :D

To be honest it's a combination of me being, erm, quite a dominating personality and getting my own way a lot and her not feeling confident about shouting up about what she wants. Result = an angry wife that's exploded big style.

Mistakes on both sides I guess.

fair play mate for being honest, hope it works out for you.

the only thing to remember is to get the last word in, and its always " yes dear" makes for a pleasanter life in the long run.

Well, that turned out somewhat prophetic!

Mate, it's a start. Little steps lead to bigger steps and hopefully it'll leave you stronger as a couple. Sometimes you get complacent with eah other, perhaps this is the wake up call you both need.

Make her a cup of tea in bed each morning.

And do the washing up now and again!

She will think he's done something wrong?

Sounds to me like it will blow over in time mate. I've had some massive blow ups with the wife, tends to be the same hot subjects, money, work, time... All of which I don't have enough of! Hope you get it sorted soon. X

Got money and work at the moment, just not time!

Erm, did you mean to put an X after your post lol. I know things are tough with the wife at the moment but I'm not that way inclined!!

Oh and cheer to your sales staff for the biscuits in my bath order today Ray. The lorry driver's face was something else when he offloaded them from the pallet. Out comes the bath, then the leg kit, then the panel and what's this he says? Chocolate biscuits! Never seen them being delivered like that before he says.

Cheers! Helped brighten up an otherwise fairly crap work day.

Thought you could do with a kiss Croft!

No typed it on my phone with tapatalk, and its a thing of habit with me. I tend to add an X to a lot of personal texts, mates, family and mrs. So I do it without thinking. Sent a few to customers in the past. Embarrassing!

Well, that turned out somewhat prophetic!

Mate, it's a start. Little steps lead to bigger steps and hopefully it'll leave you stronger as a couple. Sometimes you get complacent with eah other, perhaps this is the wake up call you both need.

Make her a cup of tea in bed each morning.

And do the washing up now and again!

Dont do non of the above she will start giving you more home work !!! Let John do his house duties , we the real man don't do such a things :)lol

Nice one cr0ft :), take it slowly and try and keep calm and happy, i know that's easier said than done though :lol:

Stan, he's blatantly lying. What he meant to say, is Mr Croppie NEVER does the washing up. It's clearly his job and he's in denial.

Time limit on editing all posts.

Sorry to hear about this situation pal. But it seems it's on the mend.

I split up with the mother of my daughter towards the end of last year, and haven't built that bridge back up yet. It's amicable but annoying that it is.

Make sure you listen. Two ears one mouth and all that.

Last edited:
Why can't you edit arms posts?

Time limit on editing all posts.

I don't think its a time limit Dan. Ordinary mortals can't edit posts in the Arms at all, even immediately.

If that can be fixed, it would be great - its really irritating when you have typed a long post, hit the "post" button, and then realised you have a typo in the first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to You never know what life is going to throw at you! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Sorry this is a bit long but I need to explain the scenario. My neighbour's soil pipe runs underneath the backyard of my house (where my son, his...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock