Search the forum,

Discuss yorkshire fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

I have recently started coming accros them yorkshire press fittings and decided to buy the machine as they seem to be a timesaver and also no hotworks so could be a win win gona give it 6 month and see how i get on with it, is there any others on here that use them? any advice would be great!

also i went for the battery machine with 2 bats what do others use i saw it in 110v too but assumed that could be tricky under floors and in lofts

Thats a big outlay for something you have not used before surely?
Just follow the MIs - good cut - deburr - mark the depth etc.

Hi Woody, I have a mate that swears by one, very rarely solders now.

I've got same machine Rems , use mine for MLCP & Polypress pipe tho

i took the leap as a gasfitter i sometimes works along side swears by them and after seeing him using it again and after having a fairly decent month i decided to get set up he swears blind he hasnt soldered in 3 years! never seen them used on placcy though i very rarely use the stuf prefer the look and feel of copper my self

Only pain is if you change fitting brand you need to buy a new set of jaws in every size and at £80 each it gets expensive

ah right i assumed they were all the same size i have got 15/22/28 dont really use much microbore and never had to use anything above 28 would like to one day i suppose like

well you get gas rated crimps and in tight spaces he tries to crimp them first i thaught it sounded slightly unlikley but he assures me and i have no reason to dbout him

Mapress use press fit as well. Used it on some sites. As long as its calibrated regularly. Not so good when u get to the end of a job and all your fitting leak.

the last time i spoke to him about blowtorches was when he asked me for a canister of gas to walm a chimney so he could bomb it he turned up to the job not reallising it was empty as he hadnt used it in so long luckily i was doing the bathroom so helped him out

ah right i have never heard about calibrating them are we talking every 6 month or 12? everyfitting leaking would be horrible even on site let alone a domestic!

Most probably annual although I'd double check the manufacturers hand book.

ah the handbook allmost forgot about that! will check it out the next time i am waiting 3 hours on materials that will 100% be there at 8 and turn up at half 11!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to yorkshire fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock