Search the forum,

Discuss Yodel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Dispatches - All 4

I wouldn't trust these guys to deliver a Jumbo car sponge intact..

Chucking boxes over fences, on the roof etc...pay peanuts get monkeys at 60p a drop off.

The really funny bit I saw on tv was some expert said that they hadn't got the proper training to deal with fragile parcels!
Really complicated job to learn how to lift and set down parcels

They staff genuinely don't give a stuff, who's fault is it though? Theirs? The management for their minimum wage? and being told more speed? Or ours for wanting 'free' deliverys next day..

We were on about carriers at teatime, I was outside a place this afternoon when a Yodel van drew up , the bloke got in the back of the van , and we clearly heard in kick and throw the parcels around untill he found the one he wanted .' Shakes his head '

I think it comes down to the fact that most delivery companies pay nothing to there employees and because of that you end up with monkeys that dont want to be there and only their because they can't get a job anywhere else

When we first looked into this, I learned that CityLink (now gone bust) allowed 90 seconds for their driver to park, get out of his van, locate the parcel(s), knock on the door, deliver the parcel, get a signature, return to the van.

90 seconds. It took me longer to type it! Can you imagine doing that with a boiler?

I understand that the Asprays lads average 15 mins per drop, which sounds a lot more reasonable.

When we first looked into this, I learned that CityLink (now gone bust) allowed 90 seconds for their driver to park, get out of his van, locate the parcel(s), knock on the door, deliver the parcel, get a signature, return to the van.

90 seconds. It took me longer to type it! Can you imagine doing that with a boiler?

I understand that the Asprays lads average 15 mins per drop, which sounds a lot more reasonable.

They need the 15 minutes cos they need to find extra help to lift the cases of the lorrys that come out without taillifts

Ps Thanks for sorting out the 2 port

Job im on at the minute walked out the door last week to fine 8 packages just left outside the front door delivered by parcel force no one new they where there

Glad you went with them ray all seem top lads

Had a package delivered, wasn't in, rearranged & waited in twice, not received, tried to say the couldn't find my house, I'm in a main road!!! Had to collect in the end, terrible service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yodel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock