Currently reading:
x - dimensions

Discuss x - dimensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cookie

Hi I'm Cookie , just signed on to the site , can any explain x dimensions in laymans terms , please !

I'm 27 and doing C&G N.V.Q 2 ( part time ) , I dont get on well with my practical tutor and he spends most his time chatting to a woman pupil . I'm not stupid far from it I have passed all my phase tests .

Please get back to me anyone ! :)

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk Cookie. Thanks for introducing yourself.

X dimention is the the measurement of space from the stop in a fitting socket to the centre line of the other. It is used to calcutare the gain due to fittings so if you need a 50mm length of tube and need to go into a fitting with a elbow say with a x of 5mm you only need 45mm of tube.
Hope this helps it's a lot Easter to show someone than try to explain

It might be a lot easier to show than to explain - BUT you did it very well. Thanks

Just learn what you need to for your exams and then forget it! You're never likely to use it again. You can recycle copper, you can't recycle time!

Just learn what you need to for your exams and then forget it! You're never likely to use it again. You can recycle copper, you can't recycle time!

what qualification do you need it for ? the teach you it in classroom but its not in exams !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to x - dimensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back