Discuss Would a non return valve prevent reverse circulation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been asked to look at a multi zoned system, where one of the radiators is getting hot because of the wrong connection to it on the return pipe work.

All the floors are tiled it would be costly to alter pipework under the floors. If i stuck in a non return valve on the radiator that is reverse circulating would that solve the problem ie- I know non return valve have a lot of frictional resistance, would it prevent the radiator from working normally?

thanks

cant see how a non return valve would help, unless the rad is just cycling on the primaries. if so a spring loaded non return may help

The rad is one pipe circulating the return water rises into the radiator. A spring non retrn valve should correct this

if the rad is on a one pipe system between boiler and zone, then to stop water circulating through it, would also stop circulation to zone. nrv would be no good-if its a standard two pipe then maybe

can you sketch the arrangment and scan it in, may be better positioned to help then. i could work out whats hapening. Iv had to do the same when i cannot get the heat to return

sorry for causing confusion I was not referring to a one pipe heating system merely that hot water will rise into the radiator on a 2 pipe system from the return pipe resulting in the radiator warming it is not fully circulating.

sorry for causing confusion I was not referring to a one pipe heating system merely that hot water will rise into the radiator on a 2 pipe system from the return pipe resulting in the radiator warming it is not fully circulating.

is this when on hot water only?

Either way it sounds to me like a 'tee' problem. The tee for the cylinder if the first on the flow should be the last on the return. funny things can happen if the tees are not in order of emmiter. it would be easier with a sketch of some sort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would a non return valve prevent reverse circulation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock