Currently reading:
Working pressure.

Discuss Working pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi all interested :) What are your thoughts on undersized pipework and poor supply pressure?

A friend asked me to check out his mothers boiler today! Installed in 2010 under the Keep Newcastle Warm lot, the freebie given to older customers by the local authorities I believe?

Boiler installed is a vaillant 824 Combi. Inlet working pressure 13mbar, meter 20mbar working. That is quite a significant drop and there is also a gas fire on the same supply!
"what do you think I should do Steve?" he asked me!!
I suggested he contacted the installer first of all see what they're gonna do! Then suggested if he gets no joy there he should contact Gas Safe! Bear in mind i am here kind of arms length, unofficial!

He rang me back; Installer not interested as it has not been brought to there attention before now and has been maintained regularly!!! I checked the servicing paperwork whilst i was there, the service guy, in my opinion, made up the figures, said the boiler was 28kW imput working!

He rang Gas Safe, not interested! Whoever he talked to seemed to fob him off with something about gas leaking or fumes was their only interest!!!

So KNW fitted a boiler substandard off a gas fire 15mm supply and the custard, OAP, appears to have to foot the bill!

Anyone know of any other advice I could suggest to my pal to help him get the installer back? Or am I wrong in laying the blame on them?

Get back in touch with Gas Safe Register, they are fobbing you off. State that the appliances flames are being effected by the restrictive pipework, which makes it AR or ID catorgory in the industry unsafe situations proceedure , published by gas safe register. Therefore the work is unsafe and it is their job to investigate complaints about unsafe gas work. If that don't work complain about Gas safe register not doing what thier supossed to do, to your MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock