Search the forum,

Discuss Working pressure low at boiler - ncs or at risk? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

went to a goosed combi that was running on 15mm pipe work that goes an estimated 15m. Flue had not been up in properly and wasn't seal so ID'ed it. Took a wp before I told it off and it there was 4mb drop over the installation pipe work.

now if the boiler had been working ok, would this just be an ncs??

reason why is because I installed a new ideal logic 30he today. Told them that the pipe work wasn't big enough but would install boiler and see what the results were. Anyway, 21mb at meter wp, 14mb at test point under boiler.
Now obviously the pipe work needs upgrading, in the mean time though, is this situation an ncs or now at risk as I can't commission the boiler properly. Flue gas is fine

Ncs unless it's causing other appliances to suffer then it's AR

Thanks for the reply.

i don't get this though. If it's only an ncs, does that mean I don't have to upgrade the supply? What's the point in the 1mb drop from meter to appliance

You can't install something to NCS, as it's a new install it has to comply.

No you are upgrading it! You don't fit stuff incorrectly then it becomes ok if it's only ncs or only AR. Ncs is as bad as an ID on a new fix. It's shameful! 50 hail. Croppies and two hundred lines. I am not going to become another Cowboy.

I understand. It will be getting upgraded but in the meantime, am I ok to leave it on or does it have to go off?

You cannot fully commission it, until it complies, therefore, should not leave it on and cap it off until it does comply. Gas Safety Regs.

on new installation no more than 1 mb difference at meter and boiler test point under boiler. did you not work out the gas pipe size . if it was an existing install as long as you get min burner pressure its ntcs but you have upgraded the boiler so it must be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working pressure low at boiler - ncs or at risk? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock