Discuss word of warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

when fixing boilers and telling the customer that the boiler needs new ignition probe and sensor but they will have to be ordered so you will need to isolate the boiler (as it is part stripped) so it can be finished the next day!!

when you arrive at the job next day to fit the probes and re assemble boiler, you then find it still does not work!!..you can convince the customer that you will soon have it sorted.

after 40 minutes more pass, you then finally spot that you had forgotten to turn on the gas tap back on under the boiler after poking around with the multimeter testing everything, you finally start to re build the boiler then said customer tells you 'i dont know how you did it, i wouldnt have had a clue' you realise how thick some people are, dont you.lol:hand:

Did this the other day, turned out the customer and turned off the ecv because she was scared of a gas escape when i was working!

only time i left a boiler in bits, came back to find she had tidied away all the screws!! never leave anything apart now incase the numpties turn it back on, coz its cold

Have you ever fitted the part got the customer in to show them that it's working only for it to shut down on you whist they're there? You go red faced, sigh a big sigh and start to get the tools out again.... pulling covers off the boiler and PCB ... Checking this, checking that... pulling your hair out as to why it's gone faulty again and you can't get the heating to come back on...........!

Then Ping!! The lights switch on!

Do you have a programmer/room thermostat somewhere, you ask? :lol:

Had it a few times where the programmer had reached its shut off time or the room stat had got to temp whilst doing a repair..:)

is that like forgetting to reset the safety thermostat on a eco 80 yesterday ? same as 1.5 hours messing about with meter etc

I blame those pesky flange grommets slipping out of alignment. Right pain in the bum to reset, they are...

I once got a custard to order £200 PCB online .... went to fit it, same fault occurring! :eek: I realised I'd read the mi's wrong and I should have been testing for DC voltage not AC! The gas valve was bust, another £150..! I lost out on that one big stile .. I paid for the gas valve..!

Word of warning: --- Check you're testing for the correct voltage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to word of warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock