Discuss Worcestershire heatslave 15/19 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

It's still young at 15.

Positioning of the valve body will have no impact on boiler water pressure.
That’s good to here the Mrs keeps going on about replacing it, I’m like why all parts are available, it’s just a case of getting to the bottom of each issue as they happen…
Thank for the reply👍🏽 I’m gonna check pressure vessel in the morning.

Re age of boiler we probably on average rip out a leaking heatslave ever 3 weeks.
A good few of them less that 15.
One was only 4 years old ! virtually all leaking heat store tanks though a few leaking main hex.

Re age of boiler we probably on average rip out a leaking heatslave ever 3 weeks.
A good few of them less that 15.
One was only 4 years old ! virtually all leaking heat store tanks though a few leaking main hex.
I had to replace my heat store tank a while back as it leaked but no. Red to replace the boiler…. To much of a throw away society these days.

I had to replace my heat store tank a while back as it leaked but no. Red to replace the boiler…. To much of a throw away society these days.
Well maybe if you can do work yourself. But if you have to pay someone to do it plus cost of parts.
You still have a 15 year old boiler that's obviously had/ got corrosion in the system.
A lot of customers would rather have a new more efficient boiler with a 5 year warranty or 10 year if they go for a blueflame.

Up until my dad’s retirement and shortly before his death in 2015 we still had a few elderly customers with 30-40 year old boilers. I am a stronger believer in fixing what you can but they do not make boilers like they used to, that is a cold hard fact. Most modern day boiler manufacturers will only warrant their products up to around 12 years, beit gas or oil boilers and even then you have to satisfy a mountain of paperwork. If you can keep your boiler going for another few years then fair play and by all means do do but as I said modern boilers aren’t made like they used to be.

Thanks for posting! I have moved this to the central heating forum,

Reply to Worcestershire heatslave 15/19 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock