Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester oil boiler pump & motor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gord

Hi all new to the forum so please go easy on me hehe!!

I would like to know if any other engineers are having any problems with the simmel 70w motors and danfoss 41- L3 bio pumps for me they keep seizing up after working for aboiut 8 hrs or so,its the third time its happened to me.
Would be grateful for any ideas how to solve.
Many thanks Gord

What exactly is happening? Are the pumps leaking oil past the shaft seal while running & getting into motor bearings?

Dont think so never had that on the other 2(different boilers by the way)only changed it this morning customer phoned to say its making the same sound as before meaning its siezed im wondering if its slightly out of line and i put a new coupling on.

Not a R3 instead of a L3. Being a newbie, don't know your level of competence, so shooting in the dark.

Welcome to the forum :)

Not had any problems, you have replaced the coupling with the right one? they look similar to the riello ones but are not interchangeable.

Both pumps from the same source? Have you spoke to your source?

Haha if i could make R3 go backwards that would be great.
Correct coupling as all my riello couplings are white.
Yep checked with source only seems to be me.

Pumps set at correct pressure,oil is clean,thats why im a little at a loss apart from it being out of line maybe not sitting in motor properly!

I had exactly the same problem and changed 3 pumps. It turned out to be the oil. I ran the boiler on a fresh supply of oil in a container via a temporary supply and it worked fine. You couldnt tell that thete was anything wrong wiyh it and it wasnt worth getting it analysed.

You sure they're seizing? Why is the coupler (dog) in question, it would either turn or not? Whats your symptoms?
You sure its not the motor or cap?
Oil pumps do feel a bit graunchy anyway.
Tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester oil boiler pump & motor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock