Search the forum,

Discuss worcester highflow plate hex, What the hell. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

step 1: follow mi's to swap plate heat hex parrot fashion. Mmm sounds simple enough.
step 2: start thinking "youve got to be kidding"
step 3: get yourself a massive pile of screws plates ,bits and bobs
step 4: think christ i hope i remember where these went
step 5: look at your handy work half way through, take a pic and cry in the knowledge youve got more to remove and 20 o rings and a shed load of screws bolts and brittle plastic bits to put back together.
step 6: re assemble, get a leak and hold youre head in your hands, thank god your out the way in a loft.

Please tell me theres an easier way. cos i dont want that again. (R)(R)Photo0009.jpgBtw the plate is behind all those pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one hell of a boiler to get in the loft space!!

I ripped an older style one out recently, my god it was a pig to strip down just for scrap, brave man attempting that lol!

That's one hell of a boiler to get in the loft space!!

I ripped an older style one out recently, my god it was a pig to strip down just for scrap, brave man attempting that lol!

tell be about it, its bigger than my fridge. wouldnt like to bump into the bloke that got it up there

Seen a boulter oil boiler in a loft.
They had it lifted in when they had a new roof!!!

not only is it in the loft, its also above the master bedrooms bed!!.
the guy did point out he makes his wife sleep on that side !

Someone had their porridge that day :wink:
I'm hopefully going to be stripping a 3.5 out sometime soon, I'll be taking every last nut and bolt i can out it to get the weight down :lol:

Done a couple of plates on these, pita every time!

On the subject of boilers in lofts one job I go to has 2 70kw cast iron hamwprthys, 2 70kw direct fired cylinder, booster set and tanks in loft. It's a old priory apparently they took the roof off and craned everything in!

we stuck a 7o,ooobtu open flued mexico in my mates loft as he was skint and i had just taken it out from another job

Done a few rebuild on the high flow when I was on bg. Hateful job which involved lots of patience and silicone sealant! Good luck

The only real solution & to ensure that you sleep well at night, is to take the BG approach 'you need a new one' you can't get the parts anymore' (regardless of age). The trouble with WB is that they have let the design engineers out of the zoo & into the wild. There is no longer any way to control these people. Only we can do this by not fitting them. Apparently when you go around the factory there are signs that say most professionals will fit a WB. What they fail to tell you is that they are probably professional painters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester highflow plate hex, What the hell. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock