Search the forum,

Discuss worcester heatslave going into lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

brum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi there I was at this guys house his heat slave lost pressure and went into lockout he topped up and tried to restart which it wouldn't.I tried resetting but couldn't feel any positive click put meter across terminals and got continuity,Press restart on burner motor spins etc but when it should fire up it stops and lockout light comes on.Is lockout stat nackered? A spark has been booked
don't want to mess and make it worse thanks.

High limit stat and burner lockout are not connected. He potentially has two issues and a sparky wont fix it.

Need to go through normal fault finding as to burner lockout.

need an oftec technician who knows their oil burners not a sparkie who knows light switches

Lockout stat?

oh brum.

sparkie is useless in this case, you need to get experiance with a service and repair oily tbh!

Thanks for your reply mate guy ive just finished with after seven years showed me nothing in the way of comm and servicing I fitted
and fired up systems ready for him to commission.I want to get into oil boiler servicing and have booked my oftec training
for September,although here in Scotland there is no legal requirement to be oftec reg I feel I will get the proper training required.
And then apply for registration (the spark I asked to look at it is oftec reg hell think im a right tit now)

The oftec training will give you very little. You need hands on or get onto some of the manufacturers courses.

Get your post count up Brum and get yourself into the arms.

Everybody starts somewhere.

Get yourself onto one of the Grant or Worcester fault finding courses once you have OFTEC.

When you say lockout light, do you mean thermostat trip out on the boiler or the burner lockout on the burner control unit?

If its the boiler, then I would suggest looking at the overheat stat. If it's the burner, you need to check fuel flow (and pump filter), operation of the solenoid (could be faulty coil if thats what it is), or if you have fuel flow, check there is a spark (prob faulty control box and if so it may have damaged the starter coil also).

Last edited:
I don't quite understand how this works.

You need 100 posts and evidence of being in the trade, then you can gain access to the arms. In the arms info can be exchanged away from diy heroes.

Get yourself onto one of the Grant or Worcester fault finding courses once you have OFTEC.

When you say lockout light, do you mean thermostat trip out on the boiler or the burner lockout on the burner control unit?

If its the boiler, then I would suggest looking at the overheat stat. If it's the burner, you need to check fuel flow (and pump filter), operation of the solenoid (could be faulty coil if thats what it is), or if you have fuel flow, check there is a spark (prob faulty control box and if so it may have damaged the starter coil also).

Hi there the light on the boiler casing is marked up as lockout and lit up. when pressing reset button on boiler there doesn't appear to be a positive click(feels like nothings happening) I put a continuity test across with cables connected and got a positive reading-
closed circuit-In hindsight should have disconnected cables.
The button on burner is lit up and upon pressing this button the lockout light on boiler goes out and burner motor spins. when you would expect boiler to fire up lockout light on boiler comes on and burner motor stops running.
I was under the impression that the lockout was basically overheat and was part of the control side of things sending signal to burner etc,Obviously I must be wrong.I thank you all for your help and advice

lockout on the burner can be caused by several things and is instigated by the control box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester heatslave going into lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock