Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heatslave 18/25 (oil) combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
right went to a call out today no hot water and a blown 3amp fuse,

just to let you know im not the first heating eng to be called out client said shes had 4 including me

worked out what it was (2 channel prog) and the link was missing in the hot water side so unless timer was on hot water 24/7 it wouldn't give hot water

sorted that anyway

fired all up good 10 mins running hot water then switch to heating etc fine, just about to go thought i better test it again so turn hot tap on and nothing bang fuse blown, put a new one in tried heating and nothing bang fuse blown,

managed to get it not blowing fuses, turn tap on nothing (boiler doesnt fire) pump runs thats it

so phone worcester up to see if i have missed anything so went through the questions overheat stat got power in and out etc, he said it should fire and if it doesnt it the control box (pic below) and also the cap is leaking

image.jpg

also this flashes (well one quick flash, one long flash about 1-2 seconds, then 5 seconds of nothing)

image.jpg

is he right (dont do oil much) or is there any funny or anything else that i have missed?

many thanks
shaun

ps any question ask away

Last edited:
guess not :(

Control box does normally have little sparks as contacts make, its normal. Capacitor will need changing but not had one blow fuses. Try and pinpoint fault by unplugging burner and see if everything else runs ok then plug back in and see if blows. Flue high limit corrodes on them but dought would blow fuse. If tripping when tap on could be flow switch.
Just a few quick thoughts.

The DKO control box is a self diagnostic gizmo. The sequence of flashes lets you know at what point of ignition the burner is at. If its locked out then the sequence of flashes lets you know at what stage the burner was at when it locked out.

Control box does normally have little sparks as contacts make, its normal. Capacitor will need changing but not had one blow fuses. Try and pinpoint fault by unplugging burner and see if everything else runs ok then plug back in and see if blows. Flue high limit corrodes on them but dought would blow fuse. If tripping when tap on could be flow switch.
Just a few quick thoughts.

thats the thing nothing runs except the central heating pump and yes the reset button flashes in above sequence

The DKO control box is a self diagnostic gizmo. The sequence of flashes lets you know at what point of ignition the burner is at. If its locked out then the sequence of flashes lets you know at what stage the burner was at when it locked out.

you got a list of them as nothing was in the mis

just found a very old book with

❘ ❚ _

Internal fuse defect
> control box defect

looks like im on the right lines

IIRC .. 1 short pulse , 1 long pulse followed by a long pause is a control box fault. This could be caused by the failure of the motor.

IIRC .. 1 short pulse , 1 long pulse followed by a long pause is a control box fault. This could be caused by the failure of the motor.

Ye something's taken the box out probably, test as much as you can before slapping new box in or you'll end up with a pile of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester heatslave 18/25 (oil) combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock