Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Worcester heatslave 15/19 not firing up in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Balmeadie

Balmeadie New Member

Hi guys, this is my first post so please let me know if I'm not in the right place for this posting.

My problem

1. I came back from a weekend away to find my boiler with no pressure and a circulating pump making a strange noise, no lockout was showing.
    2. I changed out the pump, found why the system had lost pressure( blocked expansion vessel hose caused the PRV to activate. no inhibitor from the looks of the gunk coming out when fully drained.)
    3. Repressurised system called for hot water and heat, circulating pump runs, no lockout
    4. Boiler didn't fire so I pressed the manual override button on the underside of the control panel.
    5. Blue flash and a blown fuse for my trouble!

Where do I go next, is it the pcb thats knackered or is it one of the thermostats or something else.
    its very cold up here so any help to get us up and running again would be hugely appreciated.

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

You really need to get a professional in now. Someone who is oil heating experienced or an electrician should hopefully test it all before ever putting power back to it.
    Suggest you put your general area and mention boiler type on looking for a plumber section of forum.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  3. Balmeadie

Balmeadie New Member

Thanks for the advice, I think you're probably right, I was just hoping there may have been some fault finding solutions that could have narrowed it down a bit. I'm no sparky so best to admit defeat! If anyone knows of any simple checks please post!