Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heat exchanger gasket? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys. I’ve changed a heat ex gasket on a 24ri today and it was the 1st one I’ve done. For the life of me I couldn’t seem to get the whole thing flat. I put the analyser round it to check for anything passing and didn’t pick anything up. My colleagues reckoned it looked sound but I’m after another opinion if you don’t mind. I’ll attach a pic.

0BBD48C5-7C43-4FD5-879E-BC5535C3795A.jpeg

CF050AAB-D925-4FCD-B7B6-62ECEC24A8DC.jpeg

locked in fully at the back?

plate flat?

That’s the burner down. And the gasket sat down nice. When I put the plate on and clipped it in at the back it just didn’t seem to sit brilliantly.

212BC76C-3CAF-4BAA-92D2-9FBB61FE9CB2.jpeg

If you have located the seal plate tongue into the locating slot & then tightened it down in the front then you are all good.

I always change the electrodes at the same time unless i know that they have not been in long.

Simple design but sometimes can be a bit awkward with the new gasket & then other times it just comes together perfectly first time.

You get used to them after a while,

Cheers,

Andy

If you have located the seal plate tongue into the locating slot & then tightened it down in the front then you are all good.

I always change the electrodes at the same time unless i know that they have not been in long.

Simple design but sometimes can be a bit awkward with the new gasket & then other times it just comes together perfectly first time.

You get used to them after a while,

Cheers,

Andy
Seal plate tongue slot?? Sorry for my ignorance mate.
I made sure the burner was sat down properly and that the new gasket was sat down flat whilst also slotting the gasket holes over the 2 pins at the back. I then put the plate in at an angle so that it sat under the housing at the back which brought the plate bang inline with the front rod which houses the nut. I couldn’t work out what more I could do to be honest. I did have a fight trying to get the fan back in though.
Also how do you guys check the gas connection where the circlip holds it on to the valve? I ldf it whilst the boiler was fired.

looks fine to me

Reply to Worcester heat exchanger gasket? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I’m looking for a new combi and thought I may as well upgrade to smart controls if we have to change it. I’ve pretty much worked out that I need a boiler with decent modulation (10:1 or as near to it would be great). I’d like a stainless heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello - just wondering if anyone has any ideas why my Worcester 24i combi boiler doesn't heat the central heating water? It heats the tap water just fine but when the demand comes in from the room thermostat for the central heating to turn on - nothing happens... I've checked the demand from...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I’ll need your help! I’ve no experience on this matter... I’m about to buy a flat that has underfloor heating. The flat has no gas and the only source of heating, as far as the agent knows, is what looks like to be a big boiler in the picture. There is a thermostat on the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the radiators (1 rad had quite a bit of air) and topped the system up a little and sure enough I could then hear water flowing back into the boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock