Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice/help with this issue.

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP which got it's first yearly service by B/Gas 2 days ago.

The boiler was working fine prior to the service, and seemed to work o.k yesterday, this morning the radiators went cold despite the thermostat being at 22 when I investigated I noticed that the pressure had fallen to about half a bar. The hot water was working , I took the bottom drip tray out and I noticed that there was some water in the tray, I emptied it and used the tool to put the pressure back up to 1.2 (which is has sat at happily since installation) and tried the heating again. The boiler seems to function as it should but the radiators stay cold. I reset the unit which puts it in to test mode for around 15 mins, during this test the heating comes on but the radiators lose heat and eventually go cold. I have a Hive thermostat which controls the heating, I have replaced the batteries, reset the connection and hooked it all back up to my phone,
I have set the temperature to Max, the boilers blue light is on, there is a flame indicator on the panel, but no heat from radiators, I am on B/Gas Homeserve, but they cannot get anyone out until Thursday - anyone any ideas ?

It's a combi boiler, and the valves are open for the heating. I have just noticed that if I turn the unit off from hive, the receiver light is going out but the boiler is ignoring the signal, the ignitor symbol is still on and the unit is burning gas but not heating. I noticed a lot of condensation dripping down from the unit. I repaired the hive with the unit but it's still not responding to it.

This is bottom of the boiler and the valve's I can see .. hope that helps.

Attachments

• heating 1.jpg
    heating 1.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 20
  • heating 2.jpg
    heating 2.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 19

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Worcester Boiler - GREENSTAR 8000 Life - Heating anomaly I have recently noticed when I have lost power to my boiler and power is then...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the...
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock