Search the forum,

Discuss worcester greenstar 24i no pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LuckyJim1001

Hi all,

I bled the rads last night and now we have no hot water/CH. So that was a job well done :)
Anyway I looked at the boiler and the pressure guage is reading zero.

read some threads on here and they all talk about repressuarising the system.

But there are no visible knobs, switches etc on the unit. Apart from the ones detailed in the user guide re switching off, eco mode etc.

All the user manual says is if the pressure drops the system should be repressuarised and the reason investigated. Doesnt say how.

Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers

hi a filling loop its a flexible braided hose which has a valve u turn on then off when u reach the correct pressure its normally
teed into the cold water main and boiler return pipe below boiler hopes this helps

Thanks - I'll go and have another look but Im sure I couldnt see anything like that going into the boiler.

All of the pipes are copper.

but thank you for the advice.

No joy afraid. Went and had a good look round but no pipes going into the boiler have a valve on them - and none are flexible.

Very strange.

All there is is a standard tap that I presumbe controls the water going in and that is on.

i am pretty certain the 24i is a external filling loop,people sometimes put them in ridiculer's places check under neath the boiler just in case its a key type removable panel on the underside of combi,also if theres a sink or cubored by the boiler look in there

Thanks all for the replies.

Sussed it out. the thing has some 'integral' filling pipe.

Big key in the bottem of the boiler. Bottem plate just slides out. No screws. Key is in that plate.

Insert the key into the valve pipe. Check the manual but it looked to me like it could only go into one of the pipes.

Here's the important bit. You need to turn the white 'tap' like thing. Noticed how I got all technical there.

I heard water going through the system and turned it off when it hit 1.5 bar as per instructions.

Put the bottem bit back and now have CH and hot water.

Missus thinks I am a God. :D

Off to pub later to brag about how easy it is fixing a boiler.

And I know I have just tempted fate wth that last remark.

thanks all for the replies.

Sussed it out. The thing has some 'integral' filling pipe.

Big key in the bottem of the boiler. Bottem plate just slides out. No screws. Key is in that plate.

Insert the key into the valve pipe. Check the manual but it looked to me like it could only go into one of the pipes.

Here's the important bit. You need to turn the white 'tap' like thing. Noticed how i got all technical there.

I heard water going through the system and turned it off when it hit 1.5 bar as per instructions.

Put the bottem bit back and now have ch and hot water.

Missus thinks i am a god. :d

off to pub later to brag about how easy it is fixing a boiler.

And i know i have just tempted fate wth that last remark.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could have with the last remark ! , thats not too bad for firts attempt but try a basic plumbing course at your local college , then see how easy plumbing is

'gas man ' love ya sarcasam

i had a mate or two like that ,when in the pub would give trade secrets away after me telling them how to fix things all of a sudden they were experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester greenstar 24i no pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock