Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 15 ri blowing internal fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Attended this yesterday, with the internal fuse blowing as soon as it is switched on. I disconnected ALL the current draws from the PCB and still the fuse blows so it must either be the transformer or the PCB.

As the transformer is available as a plug in item I was hoping some one can tell me the expected resistances I should expect from a working unit so I can test the current one.

Can't remember without looking up. WB technical might still be there Saturday afternoon who should be able to help

how old Is the boiler? I would probally just go for the pcb as it was updated a few years ago and isn't badly priced anyway

It will be the transformer. Had this a couple of times on the Ri.

I cant remember the resistance readings for it, but there is a strip between the plugs on the back of it. This will look damaged and cracked, it will also smell like electrical burning.

As above, transformer. Took me ages to find it first time, I unplugged everything fan etc and it was still blowing, then noticed transformer was abit difformed

Went back armed with a PCB and transformer, after removing the old transformer I found the overside had melted and scorced the PCB so both were replaced and all is now good.

The primary will be 240v I don't know what the secondary is but let's say it's 24v
The two sides should be 10 x different so for example, if one side was 1.2 ohms the other side would be roughly 12.0 ohms, ( roughly).
If they're similar or OL . It's failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 15 ri blowing internal fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go out because of no flow. I thought it was the programmer blown because if it wasn’t calling for heat or hot water it doesn’t trip the electric,but as...
Replies
Views
Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar bit not up to the flow requirements and it's not a condensing boiler so not efficient). Obviously a used item, it has 2 oil feeds. My current boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then splits off into my sub-meter. We are planning on building an extension near to the existing external sub-meter and I have sought advice from Yorkshire...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock