Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester flue clearances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyplumber

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys

I’m having a bit of a fight with a surveyor regarding flue clearances next to extractor vents, he is saying as long as it’s got flaps on the vent you can be as close as you want to it, I’ve told him it’s either 300mm or 150mm with plume kit directed at least 300mm away from vent..
the surveyor is having none of it, I contract for a heating company and if the surveyors sell the job wrong they get penalties,
He says he got a technical bulletin from Worcester stating as long as there is flaps on the vent the clearances don’t need to be followed, have any of you guys heard this because I know I haven’t, I would still class it as a opening to the building flaps or no flaps .

No I've never heard that and I would of said 300mm

The flaps always fall off

Best option phone Worcester up and ask them if no get it in an email and give it to the inspector

The flaps on those either stick open or fall off and not only that, when they're closed they are not air tight are they!

Whatever anyone else says, I wouldn't accept it.

To be 100% its a call or email to Worcester by you . you are installing it not the surveyor.

I contacted Worcester and they confirmed the surveyor was talking garbage and it still need 300mm away from vent regardless of type (knew I was right :)) job has now been done with a plume kit.

I contacted Worcester and they confirmed the surveyor was talking garbage and it still need 300mm away from vent regardless of type (knew I was right :)) job has now been done with a plume kit.
I’ve had similar issue. The vent had the flaps and was connected to an extractor fan.
Phoned gas inspector (auditer) who told me because it was an extractor fan the flaps would only open when the fan was on so would effectively blow out any POC which could enter and the flaps would close when extractor was off sealing any POC entry to property.

I’ve had similar issue. The vent had the flaps and was connected to an extractor fan.
Phoned gas inspector (auditer) who told me because it was an extractor fan the flaps would only open when the fan was on so would effectively blow out any POC which could enter and the flaps would close when extractor was off sealing any POC entry to property.
I’ve also been given conflicting advice by different people working for same manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester flue clearances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock