Discuss worcester compact si25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacement electrodes would have been cheaper than a new boiler ;)

Vaillant (founded in 1874, Germany)
Saunier Duval (1907, France)
awb (1934, Netherlands)
Bulex (1934, Belgium)
DemirDöküm (1954, Turkey)
Glow-worm (1934, United Kingdom)
Hermann Saunier Duval (1970, Italy)
Protherm (1991, Czech Republic)
what about Heatline where do they fit in. weird brand they disapeared for a bit then came back

Compact range is a piece of **** to work on. People open it up and see everything crammed in, but if you actually look at it, it's very well designed. fan comes out with 1 screw, plate comes out with 1 screw. gas valve comes out with 1 screw and 1 nut. Don't see what people are complaining about, cant get much more simple than that.

Also, I've never broken these clips, I don't know what people are doing with them, they must be just letting the pcb facia drop down.

Also, Worcester is 100% owned by Bosch Thermotechnology

Compact range is a piece of **** to work on. People open it up and see everything crammed in, but if you actually look at it, it's very well designed. fan comes out with 1 screw, plate comes out with 1 screw. gas valve comes out with 1 screw and 1 nut. Don't see what people are complaining about, cant get much more simple than that.

Also, I've never broken these clips, I don't know what people are doing with them, they must be just letting the pcb facia drop down.

Also, Worcester is 100% owned by Bosch Thermotechnology

Find mostly either they won't give it a chance and go on a training day or just hate the name (worcester) and just put it down to that

you shouldnt need to go on a training course just to learn how to remove the case.
You dont need a training course for anything Ideal, which is good because their training is terrible

Shaun by the volume of hate this particular model is receiving you have to acknowledge there is a problem with this boiler, this goes beyond marmite love it or hate it

Last edited:
you shouldnt need to go on a training course just to learn how to remove the case.
You dont need a training course for anything Ideal, which is good because their training is terrible

Shaun by the volume of hate this particular model is receiving you have to acknowledge there is a problem with this boiler, this goes beyond marmite love it or hate it

or just read the instructions they have pictures,

and no you dont need to go on a training course but it helps alot shows you little tips (all of which are in the manual)

and tbh the most ive seen is due down to the design people saying they cant work on it due to all to packed in or they cut themselves alot it might be my hand size but haven't cut my self badly on a worcester little nick (normally from me not thinking things through / dropping something )

and tbh i find worcesters have the hate because of the name mostly

Worcesters own engineers are saying it's crap down this way
Tops it off for me that does

Shaun won't cave. You could be pulling his finger nails out with a pair of pump pliers and he'd still scream that that screw behind the flue elbow is a great bit of designing!!

yes it is its a bolt and has spanner flats :D

worcester have great customer service, second to none, their tech helpline answers the phone faster than anyone, to be honest i'm so lazy i dont even bother thumbing through manufactures instructions for part numbers I just phone them up (you certainly cant say that about Vaillant, you cant phone vaillant unless you have a spare afternoon and cheap mobile contract).

i can say good things about Worcester. However so far i've serviced one and installed one and found that Compact to be a shed of a boiler

I don't mind it, the first couple I fitted I didn't like, but after that I find them easy to install. Something like the ideal logic is an easier installation, but I think the Worcester is the superior boiler. I haven't had a single issue with any of the compact range of worcesters I have fitted.

I Don't like worcester,this is no secret,i hate the design of most of them,however i have worked on 3 compacts and not managed to break the clips

I Don't like worcester,this is no secret,i hate the design of most of them,however i have worked on 3 compacts and not managed to break the clips

And that everyone is as close to complement gas man will ever give Worcester lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester compact si25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back