Discuss Worcester Compact - CDi or Si version? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a really, really compact combi for a small 2 bed, 1 bathroom flat with very restricted kitchen space. Smallest decent one I can see is the Worcester Greenstar. By all means recommend alternatives, but 690x390x280 looks hard to better.

I can't find any comparisons between the Si and Cdi types. All same size. Reliability and build quality would be a clincher.

Which would you prefer and why?

They are small but look horrible to work on, there are quite a lot of boilers designed to fit in kitchen cupboards.

Feel free to recommend better alternatives. For instance, I'm seriously thinking of Intergas - looks simpler and well made.

The problem is that the outside wall in the kitchen is almost all window - there's a small wall to the right of it where the combi would go. I also have to figure out where to put the hob in relation to the window and the combi. And whether to use a ceramic/induction hob rather than gas if that helps.

You said that back in 2013.

lol

You have a good memory! But what's your point? I've put off the installation because a) it's not immediately urgent though it needs to be done and b) the layout is a nightmare, and there aren't any good choices, only compromises and c) I need permissions from the building's management for the different choices, and this has been a holdup. First choice locations were not approved because of location of flue exit.

So hoping to do the installation soon.

You have a good memory! But what's your point? I've put off the installation because a) it's not immediately urgent though it needs to be done and b) the layout is a nightmare, and there aren't any good choices, only compromises and c) I need permissions from the building's management for the different choices, and this has been a holdup. First choice locations were not approved because of location of flue exit.

So hoping to do the installation soon.

Ah, I see the problem causing the delay now. Just seemed like 3yrs was a long time to decide on which boiler that's all.

You've already found your boiler... The Worcester companct cdi...

Fit & forget ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Compact - CDi or Si version? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock