Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester Boiler Leaking, no pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garreh

[FONT=&quot]After re-pressurising the boiler to 1psi and attempting to remove the filling key the boiler started dripping from either side of the filling loop - I had to wriggle the key quite a bit to get it to come out, which may have caused strain on either side and caused something to come loose.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the pictures you can see the main leak area and secondary leak area. There actually looks to be some kind of silicone or paste around the second leak area - possibly a previous attempt to fix with some sealant?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tried tightening the grey nob to make sure water is shut off completely - it's fully closed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At the moment got no pressure and it's turned off. Is it safe to use the boiler with just hot water (no rads) with no pressure, or should I keep it off? Any ideas for fixing it?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Boiler Type: Worcester 26CDi

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] leak1.jpgleak2.jpgboiler.jpgfilling-loop.jpg[/FONT]

would need a gas safe engy to fix im sorry to say

Well, the boiler was on 0.2 psi before I starting pressuring it - didn't want to run the system on such a low pressure. Filling key has definitely caused a lot of trouble for 1 psi though :/

Please read forum rules. No diy boiler repair advice is given here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Boiler Leaking, no pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock