Discuss Worcester 35 HE plus boiler/ tr2 thermostat controller replacement in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Catherine w

Ive moved into a house with a worcester greenstar 35 HE plus boiler in the garage. The TR2 thermostat controller is hanging loose on the wall in the living room, and is faulty. I want the TR2 replaced with a controller i can set a timer on, either digital or mechanical, the TR2 has three wires to it, one red, on yellow, on blue and i can see an earth cable connecting it to its metal back box.
I don't want to have to go into the cold garage to switch the heating on and to try to set the very complicated timer on the boiler itself. Being able to control and set the heating timing from inside the house is what I want to do.
All my visiting forums so far has found out that the TR2 seams to come with this boiler and opinions that it cannot be changed. However some people suggest that there is a work around.
Any suggestions or if you have experience of doing this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, catherine.

Leave it on constant and control it via a programmer room thermostat on the wall ?

Eg wired combi pack 4 mains

Reply to Worcester 35 HE plus boiler/ tr2 thermostat controller replacement in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back