Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30cdi fan pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Done a service last week on a worcester 30cdi.
FGA reading of 0.0006 meaning no need for a full stripdown.
Fan pressure of -2 meaning the heat exchanger should be cleaned. Baffled.....so anyway got a service kit and done a full clean, didnt seem necessary tho as it seemed reasonable clean.
What was the correct procedure, would the full clean of been necessary with a fga reading so low?

if the fan pressure reading is not within manufacturers parameters then the HE needs cleaning. What was the fan pressure reading after the clean?

In all fairness it was -4.6 after clean but shouldnt the the fga of been indicating a higher reading than 0.0006?

FGA after clean was 0.0005 so barely made a difference apart from the fan pressure.

One of those situations where there's no reward ,but you've done the right and safe thing - better than worrying about it later too .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 30cdi fan pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water from heating system as I could. Only one leg (3 legs downstairs) had valve which allowed me to flush water from radiators upstars, all of them. Only 3...
Replies
Views
Forums ... Old conventional non condensing combi boiler. Worcester 24i rsf. Bungalow (ceiling drop pipes) with 7 rads. I've bled rads. Attempted to balance - Got them heating up at similar times now. Boiler manual states 11 degree delta flow and return. Boiler is set to about 3/4 of max...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility room removed and a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri wall mounted in the garage. Aside from being old, the original boiler worked perfectly. A full...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock