Discuss Worcester 28Si II, system bar pressure going very high. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Apparently you trusted your instincts rather than go with the advice given on this thread which was to use a different engineer, what do you want an explanation as to why some engineers are better than others? If you have a gripe report him to GSR after all you used him on three previous occasions without complaint.

Gmartine, I did go with another engineer, it's the second engineer that resolved the issue.

ShaunCorbs, yes the first engineer tried to pump the expansion vessel with nothing disconnected.

Re connecting the flue test machine is this in regulation or just something that's good practice.

It's reg, to check its burning correctly

Gmartine, I did go with another engineer, it's the second engineer that resolved the issue.

ShaunCorbs, yes the first engineer tried to pump the expansion vessel with nothing disconnected.

Re connecting the flue test machine is this in regulation or just something that's good practice.

Ahem.
I did say this on October 7th on this thread.

Have a read through this thread again Jason, it was clear from the outset that your first engineer (was he even GSR?) didn't have a clue hence the recommendation from more than one member to find another.
Funny how one's instincts kick in when potentially faced with a hefty bill.

gmartine, he has a gas safe number.

Who would believe it however, something so straight forward as doing this job from what is a pretty common boiler. I could maybe understand it if this was something complex, but from everything I can gather this something any gas safe engineer's do many times.

Just because someone is GSR does not mean they are experienced in Plumbing and Heating.

Very good fundamental point.

A gas engineer and a plumber are NOT the same thing.

I am a "GSR" (still need to build the post count before I get the tag, apparently:D), as seems to the popular term on this forum, and I have found this particular thread extremely instructive.

I am presently working on the same model of appliance with almost identical symptoms, and having perused some half dozen different back-issues of the Worcester manual from their website, I have not yet found any figures for the correct pressure setting for the expansion vessel.

Strangely, my Gas Safe training didn't go into detail on this particular detail of this particular model of boiler, manufactured at or around the particular time the benchmark certificate for the boiler says it was installed... (I was being sarcastic there, just to be clear :rolleyes:, no offence meant to anyone, just trying to raise a smile...) so to suggest that just because someone is a GSR, they always have the answers is not really, strictly, accurate. Not that anybody was suggesting that, of course...

Point I would make is, even notwithstanding the fact that I am unquestionably legally qualified to work on the appliance, I do not know this (yet) and am at a loss as to where to get this kind of information.

Glad to see Jason got his issue resolved, and I am very grateful to him for sharing his experience as I believe it has also helped me with how to proceed on this matter.

For the finer points, I guess I will have to talk to the excellent Worcester help line, who have been a huge support to me already.

NB- I hope that the community at large will respect my frankness regarding the realities of being a newly-qualified engineer... I strive to be diligent and build my experience every day and to do everything the way I should, and where I don't know the answers, to seek them out, as I hope is illustrated by my reviewing this thread.
Nobody is born fully-experienced!

P.S: If anybody CAN point me to details regarding expansion vessel pressure etc, would be very grateful.

Last edited:
I do... But the information in it was still useful to me! :D

I generally try and review existing content before I post an appeal for help, as quite often there is a thread dealing with the issue already, and it saves me the embarrassment of being told "why didn't you look here...?" lol.

Admitedly, I did go off on a bit of a tangent, but I think the various points remain valid?

Happy to edit or delete if the mods disagree.;)

Reply to Worcester 28Si II, system bar pressure going very high. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock