Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28i Junior condensation in combustion chamber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Guys, long time since I have been on here. Life's extremely busy at mo with work and family etc. Wondering if anyone can help. Got called to the above boiler which had stopped working. When I opened it up I could see moisture over the innards and a pool of water on the bottom of the combustion chamber. Had a look around and there were drips coming from screws that hold the flue connection to the case. Now I am thinking that a seal has gone in the flue and has leaked or second thoughts was heat ex leaking and then as warming up causing moisture inside. The tenant has not had to top up though. I couldn't do a flue integrity test as the boiker wasn't working. Has anyone experienced this before? Cheers fellers

They do let in water, the later versions had a gas valve that was spaced off the floor of the combustion box by an inch to stop the coils sitting in water and the fan now has "guttering" over it......

Are getting fault lights?

Been heavy rain recently? Gutters above flue blocked? Sounds a bit like rain getting in.

So chaps, you were correct. The seal on the gutter tee had gone and was dripping inside the flue which killed the fan. New fan in and all gravy. Any ideas why you get a new combustion seal and electrode plate when you buy a fan as you don't need to remove these to replace fan and fan and analyser readings all gravy?

Cheers fellers. Have one in the arms on me

Best to replace these at the same time but no need to worrie if you haven't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i Junior condensation in combustion chamber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock