Discuss Worcester 24i Central Heating Will Not turn on at certain times of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbie676

I have a problem with my Worcester 24i combi boiler... It will not turn on (ignite) when i turn it on manually at certain times of the day. E.g. It will always work between 1am - 6am but will never work outside of those hours. Even if i set the timer to start outside of those hours, it still doesn't work. If I turn the hot water on it will ignite and hot water works fine all of the time.
I am not a plumber but have tried the obvious things like turning off the power for xx time then retrying it and also tried resetting it using the reset switch and none of these work.
I think this must be something to do with the timer as what else would cause it to only work between certain hours of the day?
I ahve also tried changing the time on the boiler to 'trick' it into thinking it is 4am in the morning and it still doesn't work.. Maybe something behind the timer is stuck?

No, if I turn the timer permanently on then it will still only work between the hours of 1am - 6am.

lol that's weird. removing the timer altogether is the only way of eliminating whether that is the cause but it does sound like the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 24i Central Heating Will Not turn on at certain times of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Hello, Newly moved into a house with a mains fed cylinder system. I've never had one before and struggling to get it working. When I turn either...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
hello experts, I am not a DIY plumber, just a home owner who had a plumber come in to fix a couple of things at home. But doing all of this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock