Discuss Worcester 20/25 combi boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dest

The system has no pressure, if I try to increase it with the loop it does go up, but also starts to drop straight away and water leaks from the PRV and is a constant stream outside on the overflow.

There also seems to be no pressure at all in the expansion tank.

What pressure should I pump up the expansion tank to?
Hopefully its just lost air over time, I don't think its been serviced for years! (Not my house)

I'm happy to try replacing the PRV as its easily accessible being right at the top, hopefully that will cure it along with repressurising the expansion tank?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I would suggest you advise the homeowner to call an OFTEC engineer.

Since posting I have since tried to put some pressure in the expansion tank, and literally after a couple of pumps I removed it and water started coming out, so seems it needs a new tank?

Suggest a service that would cover that for not much more than a call out.

I tried to repressurise the tank and it just flowed some water out of the valve, so assume thats the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 20/25 combi boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock