Discuss Worcester 14/19 cbi - short cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GE_Rik

I wonder if anyone can offer a third opinion on this problem.

I have a Worcester 14/19 cbi boiler set-up and all was fine until recently I had solar water heating fitted (new larger cylinder plus extra coil - otherwise more or less as it was). Ever since then the boiler keeps short cycling. When it's at its worst it cycles every 20 seconds (20 second burn - 20 second off - etc). I've found that if I turn down the roomstat for a while and then turn it back up then the boiler goes into a longer cycle (3mins burn - 3 mins off - etc.). I can't find a way of getting it to burn normally. When it goes on to the very short (20 second) cycle it sometimes locks out (with a flashing amber light) - but not every time.

So far, I've had one heating engineer who replaced the pressure sensor. He says if that doesn't work it's definitely the circuit board that needs replacing. Another says it's nothing to do with the controls - it's a system fault and needs a by-pass as the boiler is very close to the cylinder.

Bosch say they'll send someone out but it'll cost me £200 before they even come in through the door.

Has anyone any ideas?

Rik

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds to me like a ciculation issue

you could get one of the plumbers from here round if you post in the looking for a plumber forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 14/19 cbi - short cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Good morning everyone, Have a bit of a unique issue, ive only found 1 reference to it on the internet with no answer. For some quick backstory...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock