Search the forum,

Discuss Wood burning Rayburn and thermal store advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vandaflex

Hello all, any advice would be great on this subject. I've just brought a old Rayburn cooker and wish to use it with a open vented thermal store for dhw and central heating. I've got a small 2 bedroom flat with 3/4 rads and a bath shower and 2 sinks. My question is do I need a pump for the c/h circuit? And will the store need to be raised higher? Is a pump needed for Rayburn to store? I understand I'll need a header tank is this correct, and advice on a heat dump device would be great along with any other info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

you are advised to call in a technician who is hetas registered to advice and do the work, only because getting it wrong could leave you with an open plan, opened roofed flat, btw using a thermal store for a 2 bed flat is a waste of money imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the risks by using a solid fuel burner and will of course opt for vented system. What are your reasons for not installing a thermal store? What would you recommend. I don't have gas at the flat and wish to use the Rayburn as the heat source.

open vented standard hw cyl and 4 rads will work fine off a pumped rayburn set up properly, simple to do and work, hence why it was done the old way in 1000s of farmhouses.

just wondering where your going to find room for the flue out of interest?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to run the flue up the chimney stack once swept out. The reason I was going to get a thermal store was it holds heat well and will provide mains pressure hw and also allow me to add additional heat sources like PV. Can this be done with a standard cylinder? Also would a ladomat pump be advised? Thanks

As previously stated get someone who is HETAS registered as ALL solid fuel appliances come within building regs. The chimney will need to be lined and provision for adequate air supply.

ALL FOSSIL FUELS CREATE CARBON MONOXIDE AND CAN KILL IF POORLY INSTALLED.....

IMHO I wouldn't risk my own or my neighbours lives. Spend the money and get a professional in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wood burning Rayburn and thermal store advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock