Search the forum,

Discuss Wirquin Easy Clic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

Just come across this Wirquin Easy Clic flushing mechanism. Anyone fitted one of these? Can't see it working myself.

[video=youtube;-9ApUCDmg7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ApUCDmg7M[/video]

Amazing! But everything is easy on adverts. Nothing is murder tight and everything just turns easy with a light hand movement.
I don't think I could remove any I have tightened up.

What about the washer between the cistern and toilet ? Getting loose , and wouldn't seal really would it ?

I've fitted a fair few wirquin ball valve and siphons but ill give this one a miss, looks like a good idea but that old back nut was already loose not screwed tight to death

Someone mentioned this on here before after a trade show...

It's wirquinn, so it's going to be cheap fiddily overpriced tat... Like said before the back nuts are done up with grips, no way of it coming apart that easy... I seriously doubt the adhesive strength or durability, any probs they will just blame you for not getting the cistern bone dry!

There is also a serious design flaw... Some cisterns are held to the pan through the backplate, if this just sticks to the inside then the cistern will just fall off lol or am I missing something??

Someone mentioned this on here before after a trade show...

It's wirquinn, so it's going to be cheap fiddily overpriced tat... Like said before the back nuts are done up with grips, no way of it coming apart that easy... I seriously doubt the adhesive strength or durability, any probs they will just blame you for not getting the cistern bone dry!

There is also a serious design flaw... Some cisterns are held to the pan through the backplate, if this just sticks to the inside then the cistern will just fall off lol or am I missing something??

I have just watched the video again, pausing it so I could study each step. The new flush valve IS glued down, but if you look carefully you will see the plastic tool he holds the original old nut with is used to pull the old nut finally back up over the prongs of the new valve.
How that works beats me! Surely the nuts vary in depth.
It's a load of French tat, although to be fair to Wirquin, their normal flush valves and fill valves are fairly good and reliable or maybe better than many.

Can see this being more hassle to be honest. Rather strip it down and fit fluid master gear. Yes the wingnuts can be a hassle at times but dremel cuts through them in under a min job done.

plus I find the doughnut washer has normally had it by the time the flush mech needs replacing

I have just watched the video again, pausing it so I could study each step. The new flush valve IS glued down, but if you look carefully you will see the plastic tool he holds the original old nut with is used to pull the old nut finally back up over the prongs of the new valve.
How that works beats me! Surely the nuts vary in depth .

It only clicks in place, I figured that was just to keep the old nut from causing a restriction...

On closer inspection the diagram shows a pan supported by separate bolts & not the through the metal wing nut backplate style... So I guess it's only suitable for them

im guessing we could make our own with a fluidmaster, just apply some grip fix round the base & splodge into position & hope for the best!

I look forward to someone fitting one & reviewing it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wirquin Easy Clic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock