Discuss Wirng troubles!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing if anyone can shead any light on a problem I encountered today whilst fitting a pump.

The system has an old Honeywell 2 channel programmer (the one where you slide for heating, hot water and to select day/time)
With the heating and hot water selector both off, the boiler still continues to fire (old Ideal Concord CX)

With the clock removed leaving just the terminal strip fixed to wall it still fires
I've gone through the wiring and the only way i can get the boiler to not fire is to disconnect the grey wire from 2 port valve
I disconnected the frost stat to eliminate that. There is no roomstat. I think the 2 port opens and closes via the heating demand from the clock.

So before I tell them they need a new clock, 2 port valve, room stat etc can anyone make any sense of what is going on?

Cheers folks!!

Micro switch on two port could be stuck. Turn all controls so there's no demand and chek the orange on the two port, should be dead.

Agreed, most likely cause will be the zone valve.

It'll be the zone valve micro switch (aux); I've had a few of these over the last few weeks - although it was getting me suspicious that I kept coming across failed ones. Usually the pump is running all the time which gives the game away.

+1 for the zone valve. Can't see what else it could be in that scenario to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wirng troubles!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating...
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am replacing a 2 port z5 drayton valve with a 3 port mid position drayton. Can anyone please tell me what changes i have to make to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock