Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless thermostat compatability? brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I have a Grant oil boiler about 5 years old, controlled by a Honeywell st9400c programmer and all is well with it. My problem is that the analogue thermostat is in it's traditional hallway location and I want to replace it with a newfangled wireless version so the thermostat can be wherever the new baby is - as she's a bit more sensitive to cold than we are. There are 4 wires through the wall to the thermostat, earth, neutral, live and I guess a switched live(?)
Question is, as I just need the wireless base to go where the analogue is and turn heating on/off, are there compatibility problems? I see a lot of cheap Salus units about -will these do the job or do I need something more expensive - the system's not zoned and I dont need control when I'm out.
Thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless thermostat compatability? brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi, Does anyone know what product is a good replacement for a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat controller and BDR91 Relay Box that controls my electric underfloor heating? I assume it needs to be another Honeywell product and the T4 wireless thermostat but I haven’t found any guidance on...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Morning, I have a job later this week with the above , Viessmann Vitodens System boiler. It has a 4 pipe setup with internal diverter and at present there is a wireless thermostat/programmer controller in the hallway. Customer wants a Honeywell Evohome System and I just wondered if I can wire...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock